In 2012, Jasmin Vardimon Company moved into its very own creative home: The Jasmin Vardimon Production Space in Ashford, Kent.
The Jasmin Vardimon Production Space is home to the company’s creative research and new work; a Space where multi-disciplinary artistic study, experimental collaborations, educational residencies and other company activities take place alongside each other.
This cultural centre is dedicated to the exploration of the creative work of Artistic Director, Jasmin Vardimon, encouraging the growth of a cultural legacy in Ashford and increasing its capacity to import and export high quality performers of a world class calibre.
The Production Space houses three strands of the Company: Rehearsals and Production for the Jasmin Vardimon Company, the Jasmin Vardimon Company Professional Development Certificate and the JVC Laboratory for extended artistic research.
The Jasmin Vardimon Production Space is available to hire for rehearsals and production time.
Located two minutes walk from Ashford International station (and a 10 minute stroll from town), The Jasmin Vardimon Production Space is just 38 minutes from Central London on the high speed link, with regular trains to the South East of England and other major London Terminals. Surrounded by Kent countryside, the studio is perfectly placed for companies traveling form Europe, the Eurostar takes under two hours from Ashford International to Paris Gare du Nord.
The Jasmin Vardimon Production Space Facilities:
Featuring four large windows that allow natural light to pour in, The Space is a stunning setting for companies to create and rehearse in.
- Large studio performance space (15m x 19m in total)
- Sprung Harlequin dance floor
- Wall mirrors on one wall (possible to cover with curtains)
- 15 yoga / pilates mats
- Lockers for storage of personal belongings
- Blackout curtains and drapes
- Adjustable heating
- Sound system with CD/iPod capabilities
- Fully equipped lighting desk and lighting rig
- Dressing Room / Green room inc. tea and coffee facilities
JVC can provide a technician for the duration of the hire if companies so wish. To discuss technical requirements please contact our Production Manager, Andrew Steel.
There is step-free access to studio and leisure facilities via lift or rear entrance.
For a full downloadable technical specification of the space, please click here.
Stour Centre Facilities:
The Jasmin Vardimon Production Space is based at Stour Leisure Centre, enabling visiting companies to have access to the facilities shared by JVC.
- Swimming pool and fun pool
- Exercise and Wellbeing classes
- Holistic therapy treatments and appointments
- Health Suite including sauna and jacuzzi
- Changing rooms and showers
- On site cafeteria, drinks and snack machines
- Outside recreational areas
If you are interested in hiring The Jasmin Vardimon Production Space please email email@example.com or call 01233 628 545. Availability and rates of studio hire will be given on request.